10 Things NOT to Say to a Solo Mom
Image credit: Shutterstock.com
Avoid these statements, which could push her over the edge
With everything else you are trying to do every day, just one of these well meaning and yet completely clueless statements could have you tearing your hair out!
10. “But they seem so well adjusted!”
9. “When do you sleep?”
8. “Do you worry they’ll be damaged?”
7. “Are they in therapy?”
6. “Are you in therapy?”
5. “Did you know it would be this hard?”
4. “Everything happens for a reason.”
3. “Do you ever ask for help?”
2. “I don’t think I could do what you do.”
1. “What do you do in your free time?”
Margot Kessler, a screen and television writer living in Los Angeles, is the sporadically witty Solo Mom of two lovely daughters.
Please feel free to contact us with any comments or questions.