Need support?

Search our 20 resource categories and browse our rich library of articles by moms who “get it.”

Idaho Department of Labor

Job search workshops, virtual job fairs, educational programs, on-the-job training

Illinois Department of Human Services

1 800 843-6154 (voice) or 1 800 447-6404 (TTY)

The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program provides temporary financial assistance for pregnant women and families with one or more dependent children. TANF provides financial assistance to help pay for food, shelter, utilities, and other expenses.

Illinois WorkNet Center

TTY (800) 785-6055 or 711

Career training, skill development, training programs, job search, videos

Indiana Family and Social Services Administration


Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) is a program that provides cash assistance and supportive services to assist families with children under age 18, helping them achieve economic self-sufficiency.


Skills tests, career certificates, job search portal, WorkOne center locator by county

Iowa Department of Human Services


The Family Investment Program (FIP) is Iowa's Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program. FIP provides cash assistance to needy families as they become self-supporting.

Iowa Workforce Development

(515) 281-5387 or (800) JOB-IOWA: (800) 562-4692; For Deaf and Hard Of Hearing, Use Relay 711

Job search, resource guide for job seekers; IowaWorks Centers location map

Kansas Department for Children and Families

1-888-369-4777 ; TTY: 1-785-296-1491

The Successful Families Program offers employment services and support services to low-income families. That support may include cash assistance.



Job seeker resources, including job fairs, training programs, and career planning

Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services

The Division of Family Support is responsible for administering the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (K-TAP), Kentucky Works Program (KWP), Family Alternatives Diversion (FAD) Program, and the Medicaid programs. Applications for these programs are taken in Department for Community Based Services offices in all 120 counties.

Kentucky Career Center

Career services and training programs

Department of Children & Family Services

Application and case management portal for various benefit/service programs, including Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Child Care Assistance Program, and Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program; these programs provide cash, food, and child care assistance to those who qualify.

Louisiana Workforce Commission

Job seeker services, including job fairs, certifications, training, resume builders, online job search, and tutorials.

Department of Health and Human Services--Family Independence

Phone: (207) 624-4168 ; TTY: Maine relay 711

Listing of benefit/service programs; forms; office locator; child care facilities search

Maine CareerCenter

1-888-457-8883 ; TTY users call Maine Relay 711

Job seeker services, including skills assessments; workshops; networking; training services; labor market information

Maryland Department of Human Resources

1.800.332.6347 ; TTY 1.800.925.4434

Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), Maryland’s Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program, provides cash assistance to families with dependent children when available resources do not fully address the family’s needs and while preparing program participants for independence through work.

Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation--Maryland Workforce Exchange

Job seeker solutions, including career counseling and job training.

Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination

Highlights the details about the maternity leave act in Massachusetts

Download our ESME app for a smoother experience.

Get the app Get the app