Need support?

Search our 20 resource categories and browse our rich library of articles by moms who “get it.”

HUD Massachusetts

Provides information for homeowners and foreclosure avoidance in Massachusetts

Massachusetts Housing Partnership

(617) 330-9955

Provides mortgage financing and assistance for Massachusetts residents


Provides information regarding homeowner assistance programs in Massachusetts

Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children (TAFDC)


Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children (TAFDC) is a state and federally funded program which provides cash assistance to families with children and pregnant women in the last 120 days of pregnancy, with little or no assets or income. It is operated under the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) block grant.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)


SNAP benefits are provided by the federal government and administered by DTA. Residents of the Commonwealth who participate in SNAP are families with children, elders and disabled. Many are the working poor with limited income or those who are temporarily unemployed.

Rosie’s Place

Rosie’s Place, the nation’s first women’s shelter, provides housing, food, and education for poor and homeless women in Boston.

Crittenton Women’s Union


Provides social services, primarily to women and their families in Boston

Springfield Housing Authority

(413) 785-4500

Provides affordable housing to residents of Springfield, MA

HAP housing

(413) 233-1500

Provides housing to residents of Western Massachusetts

Worcester Housing Authority

(508) 635-3000

Provides affordable housing in Worcester

Lowell Housing Authority

(978) 937-3500

Provides affordable housing in Lowell

Boston Housing Authority

(617) 988-4000

Provides affordable housing in Boston

Cambridge Housing Authority

(617) 864-3020

Provides affordable housing in Cambridge

Download our ESME app for a smoother experience.

Get the app Get the app