Need support?

Search our 20 resource categories and browse our rich library of articles by moms who “get it.”

Kansas Food Assistance Program


The United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as the Food Stamp Program, provides qualifying low-income households with food benefits, access to a healthy diet and education on food preparation and nutrition. In Kansas, the program is known as the Food Assistance Program. The Food Assistance Program serves as the first line of defense against hunger. It provides crucial support to elderly households, to low-income working households, to other low income households that include the unemployed or disabled and to households transitioning from welfare to work. Food assistance customers can spend their benefits to buy eligible nutritious food and plants and seeds to grow food for their household to eat.

One KC for Women

(816) 595-1296

Employment prep, credit building/financial courses, business resources for job hunting, mentoring program

Kansas Housing Corporation

(785) 217-2001

Provides housing placement and assistance

HUD Kansas

Provides homeownership and foreclosure avoidance information

Kansas Mortgage Center

(866) 945-2155

Provides mortgage and financial assistance to Kansas residents

HUD Arkansas

Provides resources and information regarding homeownership and foreclosure avoidance

Mortgage Relief Project

Provides legal information regarding foreclosures and has a directory of resources

American Financial Resources

Directory of financing and housing resources Directory

Directory of homebuyer counseling agencies

Easy Arkansas Claims (EZARC)


Easy Arkansas Claims is a web-based application that allows anyone to file an initial or additional claim for Arkansas Unemployment Insurance via the Internet. If you are working less than full-time, or have completely separated from your last job, you may file your Arkansas Unemployment Insurance claim from your own home. To file an EZARC online claim, you must have access to a computer, a printer, and an Internet Connection.

Arkansas Department of Workforce Services

(501) 682-3200

The Unemployment Services division provides financial assistance and employment services to jobless workers. The State of Arkansas is divided into ten local workforce investment areas based on common geographic and economic factors. Each area contains at least one comprehensive service center and many other affiliate service centers. This webpage provides the contact information and location of each service center.

Workforce Partnership


Workforce Partnership is committed to building a workforce development system that meets the needs of both job seekers and employers throughout the Kansas City area. We have a network of career centers in Johnson, Leavenworth, and Wyandotte counties offering professional expertise to employers and job seekers.

Kansas Workforce ONE


The Local Area I Workforce System has the resources you need to sharpen your skills, find the perfect job, and advance your career.

Topeka Housing Authority


Provides affordable housing to Topeka residents

Johnson County Housing Authority

(913) 715-8800

Provides housing assistance to residents of Johnson County

Kansas City, Kansas Housing Authority


Provides affordable housing to residents of Kansas City, KS

The Helping Hand of Greater Little Rock


The Helping Hand of Greater Little Rock is a food pantry, thrift shop and provider of limited financial assistance to thousands of families in Central Arkansas.


(479) 273-1060

Provides temporary housing for single-parent families

Download our ESME app for a smoother experience.

Get the app Get the app