Need support?

Search our 20 resource categories and browse our rich library of articles by moms who “get it.”

HUD Indiana

Information for homebuyers and foreclosure avoidance

Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority

(317) 232-7777

Provides information and assistance for homeowners and people seeking to own homes

(877) 428-8844

Provides tools to find properties for rent and for sale

Beyond Jobs

(574) 472-7300

Individualized career and financial planning services program for women

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)


The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides food assistance to low and no income people and families living in the United States (U.S.). This program is designed to raise the nutritional level of low income households. It enables low-income families to buy nutritious food through Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards.

Indianapolis Housing Authority

(317) 261-7200

Provides housing opportunities for residents of Indianapolis

Northwest Indiana Community Action

1 (800) 826-7871

Provides housing assistance to Northwest Indiana communities not covered by other housing authorities (i.e. outside of Gary, Hammond, East Chicago, and Michigan City.)

East Chicago Housing Authority

Provides housing assistance to residents of East Chicago

Hammond Housing Authority

(219) 989-3265

Provides housing assistance to residents of Hammond

Michigan City Housing Authority

(219) 872-7287

Provides housing assistance to residents of Michigan City

Gary Housing Authority

(219) 881-6400

Provides housing assistance for residents of Gary

Greater Northwest Indiana Association of Realtors

Provides a toolkit of resources for homebuyers in Northwest Indiana

Apartment Association of Fort Wayne

(260) 267-9300

Provides public housing options for residents of Fort Wayne

Download our ESME app for a smoother experience.

Get the app Get the app